You will be scheduled for an initial evaluation appointment (approximately 1.5 hours) with an available clinician. Following the initial evaluation, the clinician will provide recommendations for a course of treatment. If the therapist realizes that you may benefit from therapy elsewhere, we will provide referrals to resources in the community.
- As a courtesy to other patients, as well as to follow HIPAA protocol, patients are not allowed unaccompanied access to rooms other than their own therapy room or the waiting room.
- Please refrain from bringing food into the therapy rooms. Snacks are permitted in the waiting room.
Fees will be discussed and established during the initial evaluation with the clinician. We do not accept payments from insurance providers. Receipts that include all the information needed for a reimbursement will be provided. Our services are considered “out of network” by insurance providers and are reimbursed at a rate that is different from “in network.” Please make sure to find out your insurance provider’s rate of reimbursement prior to contacting us. We accept credit and debit Visa/MasterCard, and check. See our Payment Info form for more information. All patients must sign Consent for Treatment and Fee Agreement forms.
- Our fees for individual therapy vary between $45 to $160 per 50 minute session
- Group sessions are $25
- The varying rate is on a sliding scale determined by annual income.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call within 24 hours of your appointment. Otherwise, you will be charged the full price of the missed appointment.
Release of Information
If you have been a patient of our clinic and wish to have your records released to a specific individual or entity, please download our Release of Information form, complete and sign it, and either fax it to our confidential fax number at (512) 471-7665 or mail it to Anxiety & Stress Clinic, 305 E. 23rd St., E9000, Austin, TX 78712. Requests are typically serviced in 5 business days.
The Clinic does not have 24-hour emergency coverage. In the event that you are in need of urgent care, please use one of the resources listed below:
- If you are a UT student you can go to the Counseling and Mental Health Center (512-471-3515).
- If you are not a UT student you can go to the emergency room of the hospital nearest you or call 911.
- Additionally, for anyone, the local 24-hour crisis line, which is an anonymous phone counseling service staffed by trained volunteers can be reached by calling (512) 472-HELP (4357).